Technical Sales Engineer France (f/m/d)
Edmund Optics® (EO) is a leading manufacturer of optics, imaging, and photonics components supporting numerous markets around the globe, including advanced diagnostics, semiconductor & electronics, machine vision, automation, R&D, and safety & security.
Edmund Optics Europe, a US owned-group consisting of Edmund Optics Germany, Edmund Optics UK and Edmund Optics France, is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing, engineering and application support for a wide product range throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Europe is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
To support our efforts within the European market, Edmund Optics SARL in Lyon is looking for a
Technical Sales Engineer France (f/m/d)
To succeed in this role, you will benefit from the extensive knowledge base of our organization. You will be thoroughly trained to our products, services and marketing techniques to close sales and expand our market share. With the support of our local sales manager, you will be in charge of the entire sales cycle: lead identifications, product presentations, quote preparation, technical and commercial negotiations.
Your tasks & duties:
- Acting as a sales representative, selling EO’s products and services for existing and future customers in France, French speaking part of Switzerland, and North Africa
- Presenting the company and our products as well as developing business relationships
- Identifying the customer’s needs, requirements and potential for potential cooperations
- Progressing and developing customer relationships with key decision makers in purchasing, development, production and management.
- Identifying, exploring and building new contacts
- Advising technical feasibility of new projects with customers
- Continuous documentation and follow-up of contacts, projects and offers leading to successful sales transactions including the respective reporting
- Frequent interactions with R&D, production, application, marketing and sales across EO’s organization
- Preparing and analysing market data as well as participating regularly in national and international meetings and trade shows
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engineering or science degree in optics, physics, electrical or mechanical engineering
- Additional education in sales or marketing of technical products is nice to have
- A first successful experience of min. 3 years in a sales position in optics/photonics, metrology, laser components or systems or imaging technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent in French and English (another foreign language is a plus)
- Result- and solution oriented, customer centric and self-motived
- Willingness to travel within the sales area and occasionally internationally as well
What we offer:
We offer a versatile, challenging and self-dependent position within our dynamic and successful corporation. Place of work is our French office in Lyon (hybrid). Remote work in the Paris area will also be considered.
A versatile and challenging position alongside a highly competitive employment package within our dynamic and successful corporation in a growing and future-proof industry. You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated, self-driven and open-minded colleagues with a great team spirit. You can expect extensive training and development offers, mobile working opportunity and a lot more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation or identity and disability.
If you are interested in this job offer, please address your application in English to [email protected]