Power BI Developer (f/m/d)
Edmund Optics® is a leading manufacturer and supplier of optics, imaging, and photonics technology. Edmund Optics` state-of-the-art manufacturing capabilities combined with its global distribution network has earned it the position of the world's largest supplier of off-the-shelf optical components. Supporting numerous markets around the globe, including advanced diagnostics, semiconductor & electronics, machine vision, automation, and R&D; Edmund Optics products are used in a variety of applications ranging from DNA sequencing to retinal eye scanning to high-speed factory automation.
Edmund Optics Europe, a US owned-group consisting of Edmund Optics Ltd in the UK and Edmund Optics GmbH in Germany, is responsible for sales, marketing, distribution, and application support for a wide product range throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Europe is one of the main growth markets for Edmund Optics globally, leading to a rapidly expanding and developing local team.
To accelerate our success and growth within the European Market, Edmund Optics is looking for a
Power BI Developer (f/m/d)
This position primarily involves the development and maintenance of standardized global reports for all core areas of the business. This involves connecting to a wide range of data sources, building transformation pipelines, data modelling, and creating intuitive and insightful reports in Power BI for consumption by business users. These reports allow leaders at all levels of the company to monitor key metrics, understand trends and improve performance.
The Power BI Developer works closely with other analysts to build and maintain general-purpose datasets in the Power BI service and contribute to overall analytics strategy. Overtime these master datasets will form the single-source-of-truth for the entire organization.
- Creates new professional reports in Power BI for core business areas to meet the needs of key stakeholders.
- Completes checks and tests on all work to ensure data provided is as accurate as possible.
- Maintains existing reports and data models, adding new functionality and fixing bugs.
- Connects to a variety of different data sources and builds transformation pipelines in Power Query.
- Provides basic training and walkthroughs on Power BI to help promote the usage of the platform throughout the organization.
- Works with other analysts from around the company to gather requirements and develop new report ideas.
- Able to carry out ad-hoc analysis to answer urgent questions when necessary.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and techniques in Power BI and business analytics.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Numerate / Technical Discipline; minimum of five (5) years or equivalent work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 2 years’ experience developing high quality Power BI reports for business users.
- Proficient at writing and debugging complex DAX measures and using Power Query to build transformation pipelines.
- Familiar with standard data modelling techniques such as dimension and fact tables and star schema.
- Experience with common external tools for Power BI development such as DAX Studio and Tabular Editor.
- Comfortable reading and writing SQL queries, more experience in this area a plus.
- An understanding of DevOps principles preferred and experience with Git and Azure DevOps a plus.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present results to stakeholders with appropriate visualizations.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects.
What we offer:
A versatile and challenging position alongside a highly competitive employment package within our dynamic and successful corporation in a growing and future-proof industry. You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated, self-driven and open-minded people with a great team spirit, and can expect extensive training programs and internal development opportunities.
Edmund Optics provides a range of employee benefits alongside the salary package including:
- company pension scheme
- private medical & dental insurance
- subsidised gym membership
- cycle to work programme
The workplace will be in York, UK (incl. hybrid working model).
Please send any applications to [email protected]
or view regional numbers
enter stock numbers to begin
Copyright 2020, Edmund Optics India Private Limited, #267, Greystone Building, Second Floor, 6th Cross Rd, Binnamangala, Stage 1, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India 560038
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): Do Not Sell My Information